Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dress Zippers Suck

I saw a Wired Magazine article featuring Sarah Silverman ranting about technology, and I decided to write my own little rant.

Dress Zippers. They suck. First, they eliminated the hooks on the top of the zippers, meaning someone HAS to help you zip up your dress. In fact, it really takes three people to put on a dress. If you try to do it yourself, it's impossible. First, no hook, meaning it takes one person to bow the zipper at the top and another to actually do the zippering so that the zipper can make it up to the top. Then, the zippers are so pathetically weak that it can't get over the seams of the dress. Really, I think they put seams on there that mess with the zippers just to get some sadistic glee - as if trying on dresses wasn't awful enough. Last year, I wound up crying. Yeah.

It went much better this time, though. Walked in after a 30-minute commute to find a dress in 15 - yes, 15 - minutes. Now, I have a dress for the wedding in two months and for this formal. I'm very excited. Now, I love JC Penny.

That's life. I'll write more later.

No comments: