Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Career Paths

It occurs to me that career paths exist much in the same way that that tubing path I missed yesterday exist. Sometimes, you veer off of them just when you think it's going in the right direction.

I know that fundraising is important in the non-profit world, and I think I could be a good one. But as I watched my favorite movie, How to Train Your Dragon, produced with the help of my friend, it occurred to me that I want to do something that leaves a lasting legacy. I want to do something that people remember. Currently, I'm feeling like what I do doesn't matter, and the only people who are leaving a legacy are those who give, not those who help get those gifts.

So what am I doing, exactly? What do I want to do? And how can I make money at it?

I welcome your comments and suggestions.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oy, I hear the career-path uncertainty. I wish I had some brilliant advice, but I know you are gonna be fine no matter what. You're very talented and an extremely hard worker. I've been recently thinking about doing some volunteering in hopes that it would give me some new experiences and snap me out of my "same-old-thing" mode. I feel like I only know how to do one job (not that I couldn't learn another one), but that can make me feel pretty stuck.

Also, I also just re-watched "How to Train Your Dragon"—it's one of my all-time favorites!