Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Have a Job! And Other Things You May or May Not Care About

I have a job! Soon, I will be working for public broadcasting in Northern California. Huzzah! Don't worry, I will be posting the link soon. No, the gf doesn't have a job yet, but it's coming - I can feel it in the wind. And no, we don't have an apartment yet - but we'll be looking starting... now.

I just voted! I voted for... hey, none of your damn business! Hint: it wasn't for John McCain. But anyway, I was happy to see the entire Green party ticket was female. Huzzah! I nearly voted Green, but I've heard that there's a possibility that New Jersey could go red this year, and I can't let that happen. Crap, I just gave away who I voted for!

But, I did vote Republican once. I know, I know, save it, you pinko Commies. Anyway, I voted for the incumbent in the Ocean County Clerk race, mainly because I think it's low that the Democratic challenger suddenly, within the past week, was asking for an investigation into the clerk's use of public funds. That's the only thing I can find about the guy, and it's negative, and that seems like dirty politics to me. Also, I can't find any bad press about this guy Carl Block, so until something bad comes out, I'm OK with keeping him in. Plus, I'm not going to be a citizen of Ocean County for much longer.. he he he...

Oh, and those ballot initiatives? I voted No and Yes respectively. I read the ballot descriptions on the League of Women Voters site, and I used my best judgment. Only time will tell if I'm correct or not.

If only there were as much coverage about local and state races as there is about national ones. Then I'd know how to vote. Of course, being in California doesn't help, either.

No comments: