Sunday, September 6, 2009

I Had a Point to Make Earlier

I have since forgotten it. So let's move on.

I ordered cable television today. Some months back, the gf and I bought a digital antenna to see if we could get free digital television. Really, I just wanted to get KQED and KTEH so that I could speak intelligently about what was on the stations for which I work. Needless to say, it was a miserable failure. We mounted the Batman-symbol-esque antenna onto every wall in the house, even contemplated suspending it from the ceiling, but ultimately decided it was not worth it. If I wanted television, I was going to have to buy into the monopoly of Comcast. But Danielle, isn't DirecTV cheaper in some areas? Yes. But sadly, we can't mount anything outside of the apartment. Not out the window. Not on the public balcony. Nowhere. So we are codemned to cable. I wouldn't mind if it were the better out of many options, but it seems unfair. But it doesn't bother me enough to not get it, apparently. Anyway it's only $15 a month.

Today is Sunday. In fact, the last Sunday before the NFL season starts. Every Sunday from now on for the next 4 months will involve sport watching. I look forward to it, but I must remind myself to leave the apartment for my indoor soccer games. I don't want to be that girl with the unsightly beer gut. I don't think it would ever get to that point, but one can never be too careful.

Tomorrow, I will be going to the library to write a long email to a friend I have not written to in some time. I told him that I would write him an email before I could resume writing letters as we had previously done because I had things to say that couldn't possibly wait an extra three weeks. Now that it's only a week before the cast comes off, however, I wonder if that is truly the case. Is my life so important as to warrant a long email tomorrow? Unlikely, but I will do it anyway because I'd like to think of myself as a woman of her word.

Ok, I don't think I have anything more to add. Already listened to my favorite podcasts- This American Life, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and The Moth. I think that constitutes a day. It's time to go for a run. Cheers!

No comments: