Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ripping Off Better Titles

I consulted with a family friend today about my complete and total confusion about what to do with my life, what career to undertake, and other little insecurities. What if the right job isn't out there for me? What if I start losing myself in the midst of cover letters and drafts of my resume?

He told me to make my own job. The verdict's still out on that, but I've decided in the meantime to try out writing. Thus, my first post on my new blog. In a few months, I'll be taking a trip across the country to embark on a new chapter in my post-college life, a mere year after turning the page to the first. I want to meet lots of people, take lots of pictures, enjoy the ride, and make it to Los Angeles in one piece, emboldened by a new love for driving, countryside, and life away from the "right" coast. Stay tuned for interesting posts before then as I take on the blogosphere.

I wanted to call this post "A New Beginning," but I figured there was some novel or movie that had previously nabbed the somewhat hackneyed phrase. I haven't googled it, but I'm sure that's the case.

As far as my blog title goes, this was a shot in the dark. I wrote a piece for the winter Class of 2007 alumni newsletter entitled, "Acceptance is Key," and I realized I should be practicing what I preached in those 500 or so words. Unfortunately, I am experiencing difficulty with it and find myself fighting a losing battle with accepting the unpredictability of life after college. Thus, the contradicting terms: Acceptance and Rebellion. I hope to expound more on my personal rebellion at many later dates (read: I hope I have enough rebellion to write about).

1 comment:

AbbieBabble said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, my friend!
A link from that illustrious corner of blogdom, abbiebabble, is forthcoming.
I can't wait to hear more about your adventures in the grown up world!